Week 10: The Early Presidents

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Week 10: The Early Presidents

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:44 pm

Choose 1 topic: 

• Name and describe the first four presidents of the US. Who were they and what kind of men were they? What were some of their accomplishments? Who do you think was the best early president?

Rules:

1. Please answer the discussion questions in your own words.
  2. You may use quotations if you like, but you must cite your sources.
  3. Responses to the main topic should be 100 words or more.
  4. Responses to other students should be 50 words or more.
  5. Be polite!

Last edited by Admin on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://texasamkorea.forumotion.asia

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 10: The Early Presidents

Post by Dain on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:26 pm

George Washington was the first U.S president, as a president, he wanted to make every citizen respect him. So, he acts like monarchy he didn't shake hands and dressed well. The second president was Jhon Adams when Washington was a president he was a vice president. His family is famous, his son is John Quincy Adams who was 6th president of USA, and his cousin is Sam Adams who is well known for Boston tea party. The third president was Tomas Jefferson; he was a great president. When he was a president, he bought a Louisiana, and he let people explore westside of USA, and it was a huge event. The fourth president was James Madison, he wrote the constitution, and he made guideline of American law. They are all respected from American and known as founding fathers. But I think Tomas Jefferson was the best president among them. Because although he had a scandal with his slave, he made many outstanding works like the expedition of west.

Dain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aram on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:59 pm

The first U.S president is George Washington. he was a leader of the Continental Army in the American Revolution War. The second president was John Adams, he is best known for helping write the Declaration of Independence. Third was Thomas Jefferson who was an anti-federalist. He was well known for writing Declaration of Independence. He was accidentally bought Lousiana. The fourth was James Madison. He drafted a large number of laws and he was also called the "Father of the Constitution" because he was responsible for the first ten constitutional amendment of the United States. I think one of the reasons why America has a stable system is that James Madison's influence. He played the biggest role in the establishment of the federal constitution and created the separation of the three branches of government. He also worked hard to establish the constitution. I think the United States could have become a powerful country because of James Madison, who was the father of the Constitution.

Aram

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dain on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:43 pm

Aram's opinion is to make sense to me. I chose Tomas Jefferson, but Jeames Madison was a good president too. He made a constitutional law which is very important to the country.And I think without constitution America not able to become a great country.
So, James Madison did a great work unless that constitution has some mistakes.

Dain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sonme2014 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:32 pm

The first four presidents of the US were George Washington, Jhon Adams, Tomas Jefferson and James Madison. George was very careful about everything he does. He was royal and he wanted to be respected as a president. Adams was the first president to lived in the White House. Jefferson was kind of opposite with George because he was quite a simple man. Madison is one of the most inflencial Foundind Fathers. If I have to chhose the best president, I would choose George Washington. He tried really hard to become a role model of a president and as we know, he was a very brave and righteous man who fought for the independence of America.

sonme2014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bokyung kim on Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:36 pm

George Washington was the first president of the U.S.A. He wanted to make his citizen respect him, so he dressed like a royal and act like he was brave. The second president in the U.S.A was the Jhon Adams. He is the first person, as a president, who was in the white house. Jhon Adams wrote his name in the Declaration of independence with Thomas Jefferson and Jhon Hankok, Samuel Adams. His son Jhon Quincy Adams was the 6th president of the U.S.A. The third president in the U.S.A was the Thomas Jefferson. Thomas was interested in territory, so he wanted to know and learn about territory. Thomas hired Merwhther Lewis as his private sacretary and Thomas bought the Louisiana territory. He did Louisiana purchase, and Lewis and Clark explored the west territory direction of U.S.A. Louisiana purchase and Lewis and Clark's exploration is the most big and important event. The fourth president in the U.S.A. was the Jhon madison. He called by people "Bill of rights" he was really good at did politics. He was the sacretary of states of Thomas Jefferson and he directed Lousiana purchase so he can increase America's territory about twice. I think the Jhon Madison is the best president because he is intelligent at politics and his accomplishment was brilliant. Thomas Jefferson's Lousiana purchase would be almost Madison's work. I think there is the reason why he called by people "Bill of rights".

Bokyung kim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bokyung kim on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:57 pm

I think Dain's opinion is same as mine. Most people think Thomas Jefferson was the best president in the early U.S.A. First, I thought George Washington was the best president because he was a famous general and he won the war so many citizens in the U.S.A. believed George Washington as much as God. But James Madison did the most important things like directed Louisiana purchase. This event made the U.S.A. big and good country. so I think James Madison is the greatest president ever.

Bokyung kim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaewon S on Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:24 pm

The first president of the US was George Washington. He looked like loyalty. He wanted to be respected. He embodied republian ideal. The second president was John Adams. He led to the movement for American independence from Great Britain. But he did not want strong Revolution. The third president was Thomas Jefferson. He liked simple and wore normal clothing. When he was elected, he limited federal government and erased nation's debt. Also, he gained Louisiana purchase from France. The fourth president was James Madison. He was introvert. Contrary to him, his wife, Dolley Madison was extrovert. Thanks to her, he got a partnership made new decision with other politicians. Madison organized the Democratic-Republican Party. I think that Thomas Jefferson the best early president. This is because he worked efficiently for America as a president. And he achieved accomplishments, Louisiana purchase.

Chaewon S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaewon S on Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:25 pm

I agree with Dain's opinion that Thomas Jefferson was the best president among them. This is because he made many outstanding accomplishments such as the Louisiana purchase and the expedition of west. Also, he concentrated about the way for efficient works by simplification. So I agree with her.

Chaewon S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyeji Shin on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:41 am

The first president of the United States was George Washington. He wanted to make people to respect him, so he acted like a morach. So, at first people felt sense of distance, but soon after people respected him because he did great work for the process of making America's constitution and revolution. The second president was John Adams, who was a vice president before he became a presiden. He was the first person who started to live in the White House. The next president is Thomas Jefferson, who is a America's third president and author of the U.S. Declaration of Independence. During his incumbency, he purchased Loisiana land and explored the west. The Fourth president is James Madison. His wife, Dolly Madison is famous too, because she called the White House as the first. I think all of those president are great, and especially many people respected Thomas Jefferson, but I think that James Madison is really great because he is the first person who made Seperation of Powers which is still used now.

Hyeji Shin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyeji Shin on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:46 am

I agree with Somin's opinion. Actually I chose James Madison as the best president, because I just thought about the political works. I didn't think about how they were brave. However Somin said the first president was really brave and spent a hard time trying to be the first president. So I could think about it twice who really brave was.

Hyeji Shin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyewon Kwon on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:22 pm

The first four presidents of the US are George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison. They had different their own characteristics. First, George Washington wanted to be an authoritative president because he was a first president in the United States. In contrast, Thomas Jefferson was a simple man. He tried to reduce the national military and minimize the government power. James Madison was the first president who lived in ‘the White House’. And, Thomas Jefferson had not a first lady because he was a widower, but Dolley Madison, who was a first lady of James Madison had a huge social and political power. And, I think Thomas Jefferson is a best president at that time because he tried to change president’s authoritative image from citizen and he tried to increase human rights.

Hyewon Kwon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyewon Kwon on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:29 pm

I agree with Dain’s opinion. Thomas Jefferson is similar to modern president model. Nowadays, most politicians try to get close to people friendly. They can’t get a public sentiment without image making processes. And, minimalism is a trend of 21th generation. After the industrial generation, a huge count of services and products were poured on the society. So, actually, people was tired to complex things. His simple mind is suitable to modern society.

Hyewon Kwon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Somin Lee on Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:45 am

The first U.S president was George Washington. He wanted to be respected by the citizens. So, he usually wore a velvet clothes and bow to people instead shake hands. And the second president was John Adams. He was the first person who lived in the White House. He left more achievements as a political philosopher than as a politician. The third president was Thomas Jefferson. he bought Louisiana territory, made the foundation of the United States Constitution. I think James Madison was the best early president, because by his constitution, the country has grown well until nowadays.

Somin Lee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Somin Lee on Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:54 am

I agree with Hyeji's opinion. She said that James Madison was the best early president, because he made a rule for the country and that constitution was still used by people and the country. I agree about this. I also think that he was the best early president and his constitution made the country more orderly. I can understand why people called him as father of the constitution. So, I think he was the best early president who made the good achievements, and I agree with Hyeji's opinion.

Somin Lee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dong uk on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:32 am

George Washington has done great job as the first president. To make an impressive characteristic of president, he often wore velvet clothes and he even brought 6 horses for his coach. The second president was John Adams, he was the first president to live in the white house. Third was Thomas Jefferson who wrote the Declaration of Independence. Fourth was James Madison who made the Constitution. I think James Madison was the early best president because he was able to support human rights by Constitution.

Dong uk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dong uk on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:26 am

Although I chosed James Madison for the early best president of America. I agree with Dain's opinion that Thomas Jefferson was also a good president. Thanks to his secretary's expedition, America was able to discover further West.

Dong uk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dong uk on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:27 am

Although I chosed James Madison for the early best president of America. I agree with Dain's opinion that Thomas Jefferson was also a good president. Thanks to his secretary's expedition, America was able to discover further West. And this was a huge thing for America that many people appreciated it.

Dong uk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top